Monday, February 7, 2011

DR. SHIVKUMAR KUNDRA

With the death of Dr.Kundra I have personally lost a person whom I would always turn for advice. In fact I had no need to go to him. His understanding nature would find out every time I was disturbed. He would speak and bring back peace to me. It had happened on several occasion. We have enjoyed the best of hospitality at his home. My father brought him into Lionism through Lion Ram Bhadsavale. He was in Kolshet club ( closed now.) He joined Kopri club as charter member when the club was inaugurated in 1987. He had earned a doctorate in Chemistry but was more known for his shayari. It is not only a personal loss to me but the Lions of Kopri have lost most father like figure. Dr. Shivkumar Kundra. He was easily the most respectable figure in the club.He was trustee of the club. The family of Dr.Kundra is easily the best role model. The wife, sons, daughters in law, grandson, every one was as the correct part of the best family. Very unfortunately Umabhabhi is suffering from Cancer. Yet she had courage to accompany the husband right up to last rites. Remarkable !

. I wanted to invite him over to our home which did not materialise. I had wanted to dedicate a blog for his memory I am doing it now. May his soul rest in peace.

Arvind Khare
Khare_am@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment